Saturday, June 30, 2018

Scheduled Wake On LAN with Tasker

I've run a bunch of WOL setups, and this one works pretty well.

Ingredients:
  • Android Phone with Tasker
  • WOL app
  • PC that you want to wake up
  • MAC address of said PC
  • IP address of same
I recommend having a static IP address for the computer that you're going to turn on, really the only way to go for this.

Set up your WOL:
In your new WOL app, press the "Add New" button to create a new WOL profile.
Name it something memorable and descriptive, and add the MAC and IP.  Leave everything else the same except for the "Send as Broadcast" check box.  Check that, it's given me the most success.  I recommend testing this bit to make sure you can WOL at all before you start messing with Tasker.

Then, in Tasker, create a new "Send Intent" task.  Here's the details:

  • Action: com.benfinnigan.wol.widgetlaunch
  • Cat: Launcher
  • Extra: CPATH: /mnt/sdcard/WoLANWAN/YourWOLProfileNameHere.dat
  • Target: Activity

Now you can add the task to whatever trigger you want, or just run it on demand.

Glad I've written this down now.  I had to resurrect my poor boot-looping Nexus 5 to get retrieve this info.




No comments:

Post a Comment