Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwich on the Optimus V

I I tried out ICS for the Optimus V. It's pretty good but not as complete as CM7. ICS seems to cut out infrastructure wireless tethering and some video functions.

I like feel overall, and the lock screen is nice. I like being able to launch applications straight from the lock screen. However that means my pocket could also launch the same applications!

Seems to me that there were a couple other reasons that I switched back to IHO, the camcorder doesn't work and when a data connection is lost or airplane mode is engaged data service must be toggled to regain a data connection. Maybe a couple other things as well.

I thought about trying an SD-EXT partition, and but I'm concerned about my phone not working properly if I don't have that exact SD card installed.

ICS is interesting, but it until it's better than CM7 there's no good reason to upgrade. I read an article about if upgrades really even mater. Very timely.

No comments:

Post a Comment